What Plant AM I <<< Any Botanists Here

Started by sabertooth, February 19, 2019, 04:57:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sabertooth

Does anybody know what plant this is? It came in a bag of orange eyed blue tiger shrimp i purchased. I don't know what it is but i like it. Seems like it is going to survive as it has started to root and sprout new leaves after a week in my tank.
><((((º>` • . ¸¸ . • ´` • . . . ¸><((((º>¸ . • ´` • . ><((((º> ` • .
¸¸¸¸¸¸¸I'm Just here for the Beer and Shrimp!` ¸¸¸¸¸¸¸

sabertooth

February 19, 2019, 05:06:37 pm #1 Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 05:09:26 pm by sabertooth
Do you think this is "Guppy Grass", Najas guadalupensis

tva351

Moving into the world of Caridina shrimp eh, Sabertooth?

tva351

eriocaulaceae sp. Type 2 I reckon. Google it, I reckon this is it. ;)

sabertooth

Y
Quote from: tva351 on February 19, 2019, 06:22:34 pmMoving into the world of Caridina shrimp eh, Sabertooth?
I though i would give it a go since they are pretty much live in the same water conditions as neo's. I tried keeping CRS a few years ago and killed them all so never tried again. Been just over a week and one water change down and these are still alive, so if i can keep them alive for a month i will get some more. The bloke i got them off was just using tap water in a glass bottom tank.  They are monsters lined up against neocarodina, would have to be between 25-30mm long. Got 3 for $15, No idea what sex they are? Looking on the line and it says its hard to sex them and the females tend to be larger than males and i got 2 big and 1 small. so hopefully 2 females and 1 male but only time will tell.

Quote from: tva351 on February 19, 2019, 07:00:36 pmeriocaulaceae sp. Type 2 I reckon. Google it, I reckon this is it. ;)
Googled that and it says "Eriocaulaceae sp. 'Type 2' is a rare and beautiful plant that deserves much popularity. Its slightly twisted leaves brings a touch of elegance to your aquascaping" LOL.

tva351

Speaking of the size of tigers, I have a female Tangerine Tiger and she is easily an inch and a half long! Yes,they are monsters compared to Neo's. I love them as they are very active,always moving around.

sabertooth

how did you go about sexing them or did you buy a heap and hope for the best?

tva351

I buy most of my shrimp from the same breeder in N.S.W. and if I order 20 shrimp he sends me 20 shrimp.It's pot luck with sexing as they are juvies and too hard to tell. I just hope for a good mix of both. He is pretty good and guarantees live delivery. I haven't had one dead shrimp yet.