Is Adelaide Selling the Smallest Shrimp

Started by sabertooth, January 10, 2019, 06:19:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sabertooth

Over the last few months I have made a number of purchases on Gumtree from SA sellers in the process of restocking my Shrimp tanks and more recently from NSW and VIC sellers. I would have to say the shrimp people are selling in SA are minuscule compared with what you can get from the eastern states. Why are SA sellers selling smaller shrimp when you can get some that are 2-3 times the size and berried within a couple of water changes from NSW or VIC and you have to wait  3 months + for your SA shrimp to even start breeding. Anybody else finding this is the case, what do you think is a fair and reasonable size to sell and should SA breeders lift their game and sell larger more mature shrimp?
><((((º>` • . ¸¸ . • ´` • . . . ¸><((((º>¸ . • ´` • . ><((((º> ` • .
¸¸¸¸¸¸¸I'm Just here for the Beer and Shrimp!` ¸¸¸¸¸¸¸

morgan16

When I got mine from gumtree they were very small as well and the seller did not really want to sell any big ones, so that seems like a normal thing maybe?
Tank - AquaOne 380    Filter - Inbuilt 400lph    Heater - 55w    Substrate - AquaOne White Gravel    Plants - Live Pine Needles

alfie42

Why are you restocking your tanks, shrimp breed prolifically, did you have a sell off/die off that they are all gone now?

sabertooth

I had a heap of them die when i was away on holidays, I put it down to the heat and water condition due to deaths and no water changes during this time.
¸¸¸¸¸¸¸I'm Just here for the Beer and Shrimp!` ¸¸¸¸¸¸¸