April 23, 2019, 06:34:05 am

Just wanted to say Hi.

Started by MuoiLizott, February 08, 2019, 09:13:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuoiLizott

You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the paintings you write. The sector hopes for more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. All the time go after your heart.
my website; visit here

sabertooth

Welcome to the forum MuoiLizott
><((((º>` • . ¸¸ . • ´` • . . . ¸><((((º>¸ . • ´` • . ><((((º> ` • .
¸¸¸¸¸¸¸I'm Just here for the Beer and Shrimp!` ¸¸¸¸¸¸¸

tva351

Welcome MuoiLizott. Whereabouts in the world are you located?

sabertooth

Na, This is not a real user, fake.

SnappaGuy

Quote from: sabertooth on February 09, 2019, 12:19:37 am
Na, This is not a real user, fake.

Good call sabertooth and thanks for the heads up.   8)

I'm inclined to agree that this particular user is presently more interested in promoting their own agenda than having much interest in shrimp BUT lots of forums attract lots of spammy users and that's a fact of life as we know it today.

I really don't wish Shrimp-Attack to be one of those forums with lots of inflexible rules and where you have to salute every time a mod goes by, I recognize that there are all types of individuals in the world, which is why I created the 'Random Ads' and 'Sell your Wares' board ... to actually accommodate that precise type of user and and give them somewhere to post (kinda like a graffiti wall), rather than ban/kick anyone.

Mind you, if it's warranted then that course of action mostly certainly an option, but I prefer that to be a last resort.

This person went to the trouble of registering an account and posting a howdy, so lets give them the benefit of the doubt, move them to the correct board and who knows, maybe they develop an interest in our little hobby and start a shrimp tank AND just maybe someone posts about something, someone here might actually be interested in, wouldn't be the first time for me.   :)

I'll send them a PM outlining expectations but in the meantime I would like to welcome MuoiLizott to Shrimp-Attack and hope they gain some appreciation of what we see in keeping dwarf shrimp.   ;D

Regards ... SnappaGuy.
I won't accept just any kind of krap, only the highest quality krap will do!

sabertooth

just google the text it shows up on lots of forum and blogs. just a bot causing trouble.

SnappaGuy

Quote from: sabertooth on February 09, 2019, 04:20:44 am
just google the text it shows up on lots of forum and blogs. just a bot causing trouble.

Had a look sabertooth and the text does appear in a few places but I don't believe its a bot per se.

Bots don't usually respond to verification emails, its more like an individual trying to get their message out.

I have sent them a PM explaining things and asking for a reply, in the meantime as long as its in the right area, does not cause trouble and we accept it for what it is, I don't think there should be an issue.

If it turns out I'm incorrect, let me know and I'll deal with it ... cheers.

SnappaGuy

February 09, 2019, 08:14:26 am #7 Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:59:11 am by SnappaGuy
Okey dokey, two more recent instances of irrelevant content amounting to spam for spams sake see's a change of heart.   :-*

Banned For Spam Having No Relevance