April 23, 2019, 02:17:33 am

Shrimp Food

Started by Girrig, February 07, 2019, 08:32:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Girrig

Hi has anyone tried this guy's powdered food, I'm interested due to price and he donates the profit to feeding the hungry

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302690216097

sabertooth

My baby shrimp normally graze on the bio film on the side of the tank or the Indian almond leaves, I find they also like eating Mironeukton Mineral powder which helps them colour out nicely.
><((((º>` • . ¸¸ . • ´` • . . . ¸><((((º>¸ . • ´` • . ><((((º> ` • .
¸¸¸¸¸¸¸I'm Just here for the Beer and Shrimp!` ¸¸¸¸¸¸¸

Girrig

They eat mineral powder, I just add that to my water before I add it too the tank

sabertooth

This is not like the shrimp salts eg. salty shrimp GH/KH. it is ground up MIRONEKUTON Natural Deep Sea Mineral. 
https://jagaquatics.com.au/products/nest-mironeukton-mineral-powder-100g

tva351

I think there is a little confusion about mironeukton powder.  It is not a direct food source for your shrimp. It is a mineral additive that the shrimp mainly absorb through the water column, not directly by ingesting it by mouth. Yes, it is good and shrimplets benefit from the increased micro organisms created in your tank by introducing it, but it is not solely a food source. If you want a powder to feed your shrimp,  Glasgarten Bacter AE is the best food to use. For shrimplets, Glasgarten Shrimp Baby is the best. These two foods are full of everything that your shrimp need, including all the minerals they have to have for survival. The makers of this food have spent years developing the correct and best food for shrimp. I have noticed by using this food my shrimp have zero moulting issues and I have a lot more berried females than I used to have. I hope this advice helps and I was not trying to tread on anyone's toes, but if I read something that is maybe a little bit misleading, I have to speak up.

sabertooth

February 08, 2019, 04:35:58 pm #5 Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 04:54:40 pm by sabertooth
If you have used it you would know they munch on the undesolved granules quite happily as do the snails and you can see it in their poo after they have eaten it.

Girrig

Tva351 that's how I've been using  mironeukton powder, but where is the best place to get glasgarten products. Only ones I've seen are over seas on eBay. Is there an Aussie or NZ supplier?

tva351

So far I have only been able to get it overseas. If you find a local distributor let us know.

morgan16

My head is spinning from reading all that stuff but it was very interesting, thank you.  :P
Tank - AquaOne 380    Filter - Inbuilt 400lph    Heater - 55w    Substrate - AquaOne White Gravel    Plants - Live Pine Needles

alfie42

No, never used it, what will it do for me?